This is a smoking PJ4 from Mike Lull!! The trans blue is electric in person, it's really quite stunning along with the White Pearloid pickguard and Bird's Eye Maple fretboard.
Tonally, this bass is VERY punchy and articulate. It's exceptionally clear sounding for a P bass, but still most definitely a P. The J volume pot is push-pull so that you can completely remove the J pickup from the circuit when the knob is pulled up. The effect is subtle, but the P pickup does indeed "speak" a bit more clearly with the J knob pulled as opposed to pushed in and turned all the way down. This is a pretty cool feature that I wasn't entirely sure would be worth Mike's effort to wire up, but I like really it.
Two thumbs WAY up for this bass! I'd jump at the chance to add this one to my arsenal.
- MODEL: PJ4 ($3199)
- BODY: Ash
- FINISH: Trans Blue
- Graphite Reinforced Maple Neck
- Bird's Eye Maple Fretboard
- 21 Frets, 12" Radius, 1 3/4" Nut Width, 34" Scale
- Bone Nut
- Contoured Neck Heel
- HARDWARE: Chrome
- PICKGUARD: White Pearloid
- PICKUPS: Lindy Fralin Vintage "P"
- BRIDGE: Aluminum
- OTHER: Complete electrostatic shielding, PLEK'd frets
- CASE: Protec Gig Bag (+$80) **NOTE - a hardshell case may be substituted for an additional charge, subject to case availablilty)
MRSP = $3279