The PRS P22 is the company’s first piezo-equipped solidbody guitar! The P22 comes standard with a figured maple top, mahogany back, mahogany neck with a 22 fret rosewood fingerboard, and a redesigned PRS/LR Baggs piezo system. PRS and LR Baggs partnered more than a decade ago to design the piezo system found in PRS’s popular hollowbody models. This new system retains the same circuit design as the existing system, giving the P22 the same tonal authenticity and real world practicality as PRS hollowbody guitars. The redesign of the board itself yielded a version that is more than 60% smaller than the original PRS/LR Baggs system, allowing it to comfortably inhabit a solidbody guitar. Uncovered 57/08 pickups round out this guitar’s specifications and help define the P22’s voice.
Piezo systems have long allowed guitarists the versatility of wielding both acoustic and electric guitar tones in one instrument. The PRS Hollowbody II and Singlecut Hollowbody II both come standard with the original PRS/LR Baggs piezo and have achieved a great level of popularity in PRS Guitars’ product line. The addition of a solidbody model will give musicians a new and unique tool to add to their own lineup.
- Premium Features
- Quilted Maple 10 Top
- Hybrid Hardware
- BODY: Mahogany w/ Quilted Maple 10 Top
- NECK: 25" scale length, 22-fret Mahogany neck, Rosewood fretboard, Bird inlays, Pattern Regular neck carve
- BRIDGE: PRS Piezo Adjustable Stoptail
- TUNERS: PRS 14:1 Phase III low mass locking tuners
- PICKUPS: Uncovered P22 treble and bass pickups
- CONTROLS: Volume and tone control with 5-Way Blade pickup selector and LR Baggs/PRS Piezo System.
- FINISH: Makena Blue
- CASE: Hardshell Case Included